Within ESI Consultants, Ltd.
includes the importance of community service. Our primary business
is building better communities and we do this not only with our engineering services
but with our personal voluntary efforts as well. We realize it is important for
companies and their staff to be actively involved in the community through industry
and charitable organizations.
principals and staff participate in a
variety of professional organizations as board members or donating our time. Some
of these organizations include: ACEC, APWA, ASCE, AWWA, CIMOA, IACE, IAHE, and IRTBA.
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Illinois, Board Member, Joseph Chiczewski
- American Public Works Association Chicago Chapter, Fox Valley Branch, President,
Board Member, Anthony Malone (past)
- Illinois Road and Transportations Builders, Planning and Design Division President,
Board Member, Kevin Hayes (current)
- Many others serve on various committees
A few of the charitable organizations supported by ESI
Consultants, our principals
and staff include:
- Boys Town of Chicago
- Christmas for Kids
- Future Cities Competition
- Kevin Hayes served as a Special Category Judge for the Future Cities Competition
that was held in February at UIC. The mission of the National Engineers Week Future
City Competition is to provide a fun and exciting educational engineering programs
for local area sixth-, seventh- and eighth-grade students that combines a stimulating
engineering challenge with a "hands-on" application to present their vision of a
city of the future. This is accomplished through fostering engineering skills, such
as teamwork, communication and problem solving skills; providing interaction among
students, teachers, and engineer mentors; helping them learn about the multi-disciplines
within the engineering profession; and inspiring students to explore futuristic
concepts and careers in engineering.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
- Naperville School District 203 STEP Program (This program provides work for young
adults with disabilities.)
- Special Olympics, (This year we volunteered
at the Illinois State Games at Illinois State University, June 11-13, 2011)
- Upper DesPlaines River Ecosystem Partnership
For more information on ESI
’s community support through industry or charitable organizations,
please contact the local office near you.